Image Map

UJB #2 :: Spring Inspired Styling

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The brief for this month’s Urban Jungle Bloggers was two-fold - Judith and Igor asked for us to style our little green friends along the themes of 'Spring' or 'Easter'. I know already in Blogland Easter is upon us, and Easter crafts, DIYs and stylings are popping up left, right and centre. However on planet Lauren Lou Bate it’s a whole month away and I’ve not even started to think about the the chocolatiest of all holidays.

Spring, however, has arrived ridiculously early, there’s been absolutely no denying it! And, so far, the arrival of this joyous season has meant undertaking a huge Spring-clean of the apartment, purging crap unnecessary items accumulated in the FOUR years (yes, this month also celebrates my four year occupation of the “Beehive”) spent living in the same space, deep cleaning the kitchen and bathroom*, and rearranging the furniture and deco to better suit my our aesthetics.
 
One of the first areas I tackled was my desk and “office” area. Sitting down at my computer to work has to be a calm and inspiring experience, otherwise I avoid it like the plague. Which then equals no work produced, and a very cranky me. So, for my second installment of the Urban Jungle Bloggers series, I got to work with a bottle of my favourite pink grapefruit cleaning product, and using its scent as the inspiration, as well as a change-of-season cold I was suffering the day I shot these pics, put my desk-scape together in fresh, Vitamin-C-filled, citrusy harmony with the help of Marcus the ficus and Makmood*,  whose pot I decorated with some skinny washi tape.

Having these two plants around makes my desk feel more alive and energising. I now feel like celebrating each corner of the apartment I get through in my spring-cleaning mission with some urban greenery.
Pretty decent motivation if you ask me!

'To-do' list notepad from the new Garance Doré x Rifle Paper Co. stationary line, available at Colette

*Special thanks goes out to the man of the appart', Mr M, who helped me with this shoot by holding up my reflective foam core boards on a very dimly-lit afternoon, who cleans the bathroom - my most despised chore - without complain, and likes to give our houseplants really obscure names.

xx

Urban Jungle Bloggers is a monthly series initiated by 2 bloggers: Igor (Happy Interior Blog) and Judith (JOELIX.com). Every month we share ideas to create an urban jungle through styling ideas, DIYs and green tips & tricks. You can find additional inspiration on our Urban Jungle Bloggers Pinterest board and keep up-to-date via our Facebook page. Want to join? Use #urbanjunglebloggers on twitter and instagram. Or let let Judith and Igor know you're keen and I'm sure they'll share all the details. Let's bring some green into our homes and blogs!

15 comments :

  1. This is so adorable Lauren! I love it :)

    x Carin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fresh and invigorating styling, Lauren! Love the citrusy hues in combination with the plants - this looks like a desk I would LOVE to work at!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Igor! It was really fun to put together, some needed brightness on a grey Sunday afternoon! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, Lauren this is awesome!!! An animated gif, clever use of the UJB logo and so much freshness! If this is what a clean desk induces, I'd say everyone should clean their desks for spring! And merci Mr M for the help, without him it wouldn't quite look the same. Thanks for this beautiful Urban Jungle Bloggers feature, Lauren! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith!! I'll let the Mr know! It's my pleasure to take part, again thank you, along with Igor, for hosting! xx

      Delete
  4. Just discovered you via Carin's instagram feed, and happy to see we have many mutual friends! Hello + bonjour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Yes, indeed we do! I was actually also at Anne's birthday drinks the other weekend! I recognised you there but you were busy catching up with so many people I didn't dare interrupt. I've been a Twitter follower of yours for a while (and completely fell hard for the birthday party you threw your twins! Oh my, that was gorgeous!) Thank you so much for popping over to say hello!! Bonjour, et bonne journée! Bisous! xx

      Delete
  5. happy colors!! love it! #colortherapy <3
    bisous et bon weekend lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophie! It made me very happy to put together!! Can't wait for us to work together - I owe you an update! Bon weekend to you and the family!! xx

      Delete
  6. WOW, I love your office area :) too cute! I think I have to buy this grapefruit spray, I love the smell too and eat them almost everyday! Feel free to come and clean my workspace whenever you like! Im sure I would also be far more productive haha!

    Lize x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll be sure to let you know I'm on my way over should this cleaning urge not let up! xx

      Delete
  7. I love the desk! It's so SO cute! : )

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cristina, it certainly is a fun place to hang out. Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  8. I really needed something like this post for motivation! I'm really bad at organizing and I think that your tips will help me a lot! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete