Image Map

Le Week-end 22.03 :: Paperboy and London Deco exhibition

Monday, March 24, 2014

This weekend started off brunching with the brunch buddy Lou, testing out brand-new joint Paperboy, just south of Republique. A rare Saturday evening free was spent with Marissa on a very quick "trip" to London, and Sunday was a very easy day recovering from a head cold...

Opened by an ex-staff member of Twinkie Breakfasts, a Parisian brunching institution, Paperboy ticks every box you'd want from a breakfast-/ lunch-time place; fresh juices made from the fruit sitting in their crates on display in the window, fuss-free menu options that cover the health conscious, the vegetarians and the "Fattys" - there actually is a menu formula called the "Fatty" - you know I contemplated it, granola 'fait-maison' and a decent variety of pastries. I didn't see the serving staff stop smiling once. I ordered the salmon bagel and Lou took the vegeburger. The coleslaw was delicious, I annihilated that first, and ordered the elderflower lemonade - I'm a sucker for anything elderflower. I'll be heading back soon to try the granola and coffee, perhaps with a big group as they have an awesome communal table in a little separate room.
I've yet to find any contact information for Paperboy, which would have been handy as we turned up 45 minutes before the start of service at midday, but here's their TimeOut listing.
 ::
I met Marissa later that evening to check out the illustrations of Thibaud Hérem, a London-based French illustrator whose incredible detailed work on architecture and landmarks must be seen to be believed!
Saturday was the vernissage of Hérem's exhibition London Deco, featuring drawings from his just-released book of the same name. Various London buildings, especially those built in the Art Deco era, as well as famous landmarks, are featured in the book along with brief descriptions of the buildings' architects and designers. Amoungst my favourites was his drawing of the Anya Hindmarch store, so simple and clean until you notice the tell-tale bow. 

Source: thibaudherem.com
Source: thibaudherem.com
Source: thibaudherem.com
The exhibition is being hosted by the very cool gallery-cum-store space Sergeant Paper, a stones throw from the Pompidou centre, until April 3. 
::
After an early coffee with Marissa, which I left feeling like a awful cold was taking hold, Sunday I took it easy and ticked a couple of things off the (new) to-do list. I shot my Urban Jungle Bloggers post for March - better late than never - which I'll share in couple days. And took Daisy on a walk to Parc Monceau, which ended with another trip to Fred's. 

Hope everyone had a glorious weekend, also.
xx

1 comment :