Image Map

RECIPE : Fig, ricotta and honey toasts

Tuesday, October 27, 2015


It's only until I moved to France that I've started liking figs. Here, you're so aware of what comes in and out of season, that it's hard not to pass up the opportunity to enjoy a fruit or vegetable at its very best. Making a simple and delicious brunch at home at the weekends using in-season treasures found at the the organic market down the road is a luxury I try to indulge in each week. This recipe has to be one of my absolute favourites and I love when fig season rolls around each year.


For recipe...
Fresh fig, ricotta and honey toasts
+ Toasted loaf bread, I used a bâtard of baguette bread
+ Several fresh figs, two per toast, depending on the size of the fruit
+ A pot of fresh ricotta
+ Honey

Chop the figs into quarters. Spread a generous amount of ricotta on the toasts and place the fig quaters on the toats. Drizzle with honey.
Variation; for a less sweet version, try drizzling a reduction of balsamic vinegar instead of the honey.



Bon App! xx

5 comments :

  1. Looks so gorgeous, and love the GIF! Sadly I'm allergic to fresh figs, but I live off fig jam & yogurt for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Edna! Oh, what a shame, but I'm glad you can still enjoy them. I love fig jam with brie cheese on fresh baguette! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The GIF is so cute, Laur! Love the shots. Yummmmmmmm. I want to taste test next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! Definitely!! Fig season is still here for a bit longer! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this dish.  thanks for such a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete